#1 Claim your listing
Just claiming your Google Business Profile affords you the opportunity you show up in local searches. (claim your free listing here https://www.google.com/business/)
Google has found that businesses are 70% more likely to attract location visits from browsing potentials. An even more impressive figure revealed that customers who find a brand through their Google My Business listing are up to 50% more likely to purchase.
In addition to being easier to spot both physically and digitally, GMB allows businesses to add valuable information like their name, what they do, their location, phone number, website, hours of operation, and pictures
At the close of 2019, GMB accounts can now be FOLLOWED just like any other social media platform.
#2 Complete all the elements of your listing
Think of this step much like the white page listing in
the phonebook of old. Everyone gets to submit the basics:
* Service Area
* Hours of operations
* Special hours (think holidays)
* Phone number
* Website URL
* Business Description
* Opened date
#3 Gather Reviews
Google reviews can give businesses a big credibility boost without spending a dime. The many benefits of getting Google reviews include:
* Google ranking for local SEO
* Leveling the playing field
* Increasing your online reputation
* Helping mom and pop operations
What review matters most? As we continue to reinforce Google, Business Profile will ALWAYS appear ahead of any website or social media platform in search returns. “GMB drops from the top” makes gathering Google reviews for your business the most critical review you can gain. If you only have time to request reviews for one location representing your local business, make it your Google Business Profile.
#4 Metrics that matter
* 46% of all Google searches are those in search of local information. (GoGulf). These local searches consist of people searching for businesses in their local area or within a specific service area. ( Hennessy.com)
* 4 in 5 users use search engines (namely, Google) to find local information. (Think with Google)
* Searches for “Near me” or “close by” keywords grew by more than 900% since 2018. (Chat Meter)
* It’s expected that local search will send 70% of customers to a physical store. (Joel House Search Media)
* 78% of location-specific mobile searches result in an in-store purchase. (SEO Tribunal)
By 2021, mobile devices are expected to influence over $1.4 trillion worth of local sales. (Forrester)
* 72% of consumers say positive reviews make them trust a local business more than they may have otherwise. It provides an excellent opportunity for a local business to gain a competitive advantage over the next company by collecting Google reviews.
* Google reviews can give businesses a big credibility boost without spending a dime. The many benefits of getting Google reviews include ranking for local SEO, leveling the playing field, increasing your online reputation, and helping mom and pop operations.
- Websites, even ones that are optimized to show up in the first position in search, cannot outrank a Google Business Profile.
- Google Business Profiles drop from the top; they do NOT COMPETE for placement. Unlike websites that compete to rise to the top of the pack from the bottom of the page.